Installing a QR code scanner
In order to scan QR codes, your mobile device must have a QR code reader installed. Instructions are included below for Android and iPhone. If your mobile device uses a different operating system, you may be able to find a QR code application online or bundled with your phone.
Installation on Android
To install a QR code scanner on an Android device, follow these instructions:
- Open the "Market" application from the Android home screen.
- Press the search button on the Android keyboard and enter 'qr code'. Press [ENTER] to search.
- Choose the application you would like to use.
- Press the Install button.
- You will be prompted that the device requires elevated access to your device. Press the OK button to confirm.
Installation on iPhone
To install a QR code scanner on an iPhone, follow these instructions:
- Open the "App Store" application from the iPhone home screen.
- Locate the application named "Barcodes" by Christian Brunschen.
- Touch the "Free" icon at the top of the screen. It will change to an "Install" icon.
- Touch the "Install" icon that just appeared.
- Enter your iTunes password when prompted.
Once the application is downloaded and installed, the scanner can be launched by selecting "Barcodes" from the iPhone home screen.
Back to Top
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter and receive a complimentary food & wine package on your next trip!
Check your email for details.