The Caribbean sailing season is in full swing, with the Heineken Regatta on St. Maarten and the St. Barths Bucket both having just taken place in March and Antigua Sailing Week starting at the end of April. Between these festive sailing events, the recently established Les Voiles de St Barth joins the long tradition of yacht racing in the Caribbean.
The 2nd Les Voiles de St. Barth begins today with the opening ceremony on Quai Général de Gaulle. The regatta will culminate on April 9th with the final day of racing, awards ceremony, and gala closing party. Returning to St. Barth after a successful first year in 2010, Les Voiles de St. Barth will feature 50 yachts, divided among five categories for the races.
Stunning yachts set against the breathtaking backdrop of St. Barths, Les Voiles de St. Barth 2011 is sure to be a memorable experience for sailing teams and spectators alike.
Monday, April 4, 2011
– Opening of inscriptions office
– Opening ceremony on Quai Général de Gaulle
– Cocktail reception in the Race Village
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 – Race Day 1
– 10:00 am: Skippers’ briefing, upstairs at the Capitanerie
– 01:30 pm: Start of the first races
– 5:00 pm: Sound and Light Show, Quai Genéral de Gaulle Sponsors’ cocktail party at Météo Caraïbes
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 – Race Day 2
– 11:00 am: Start of the second races
-5:00 pm: Sound and Light Show, Quai Genéral de Gaulle
Thursday, April 7, 2011 – Day Off
Friday, April 8, 2011 – Race Day 3
– 11:00 am: Start of the third races
– 5:00 pm: Activities in Race Village: Sound and Light Show
Saturday, April 9, 2011 – Final Race Day
– 11:00 am: Start for final day of racing
– 6:00 pm: Awards ceremony and cocktail reception
– 8:00 pm: Gala closing party for Les Voiles de St. Barth
For additional information, visit Les Voiles de St. Barth.