Best restaurants for an amazing dining experience on the Amalfi Coast
On the Amalfi Coast, lunch is the main event. Most restaurants have a beach club component, which allows you to eat, then spend the afternoon sunbathing and swimming.
1. La Fontelina – This beach club restaurant on the island of Capri is located right on the water with swimming access and lounge chairs. Arrive by either water taxi or by foot (about 20 minutes from Tibero Palace). Lunch here is simple, straightforward and excellent, though you really come for the atmosphere. Bring your Kindle, shades & camp out here for the day. View their website here.
2. Il Riccio – Located in AnaCapri (about 15 minutes from town), you’ll find a busy and buzzy restaurant that’s part of Capri Palace Hotel. The room is noisy but fun, and the spaghetti and lobster to die for. Hang by the loungers after exploring the joyfully decadent desert room. View their website here.
3. Conca del Sogno – Located on the tip of Nerano (30 minutes from Sorrento), this beach club attracts visitors from the mainland, and those on boats with pickups by their water taxi. The vibe feels both celebratory and laid-back, and the pasta sampler is divine. View their website here.
4. Lo Scoglio da Tommaso – Another favorite in Nerano, this sweet and simple, family-run restaurant has been around for ages, and for good reason. The produce originates from the family own’s farm, and the tomatoes, fresh fruit and even the charcuterie (fed a farm diet) will amaze. View their website here.
5. Lido del Faro – This seaside restaurant has a beautiful terrace overlooking the water and offers some of Capri’s most popular specialties. View their website here.
6. Da Adolfo – Located on the beach in Positano, this laid back restaurant offers a local wine and specials such as grilled mozzarella. View their website here.
7. Casa e Bottega – Located in Positano is known for its healthy options including fresh juices and delicious smoothies.
8. La Cambusa – Right on the beach in Positano, for perfectly baked slices of eggplant, served with cherry tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil leaves and oregano, then drizzled with olive oil. View their website here.
1. Da Paolino -“Spend your first night on Capri at Da Paolino, affectionately known as ‘the lemon tree restaurant.’ The vibe is simply magical, and equally poised for big groups or romantic dates.” View their website here.
2. Chez Black – Close to the marina in Positano, this always busy restaurant is the quintessential European experience – great food (try the sea urchin pasta) and a lively scene. View their website here.
3. La Sponda at La Sireneuse – This iconic hotel remains as alluring as ever. Start with a martini at Franco’s bar as the sun sets, then treat yourself to dinner at La Sponda, with its local cheeses and meats. View their website here.
4. Il San Pietro di Positano -“You must go to Il San Pietro before leaving. While the pink-tableclothed Zass is a Michelin starred restaurant, simply having a glass of Prosecco on the hotel’s balcony will suffice!” View their website here.
5. Aurora – Authentic thin crust pizza in the center of Capri Square.
6. Villa TreVille – Have a romantic dinner on a terrace with a view at Villa TreVille in Positano. The organic cuisine is paired with stunning a stunning view of the coastline. View their website here.
7. De Gemma – One of Amalfi’s best restaurants for succulent seafood fresh pasta. Located near the Cathedral, the restaurant spills onto the outdoor terrace in the summer months. View their website here.
8. Buca di Bacco – Book a table on the lovely terrace of this restaurant that has a history dating back to the early 1900s and enjoy authentic local cuisine. Located in Positano. View their website here.
Search all villas on the Amalfi Coast
Also read about Capri, Positano and Amalfi in this informative Trip Report.
Find a schedule of events and festivals on the Amalfi Coast here.