Turks and Caicos Hurricane Recovery News
Update on the Turks and Caicos islands
Hurricane Irma passed through the Caribbean on September 5-7, 2017. Jose and Maria followed shortly thereafter. The villas, hotels and restaurants on the island of Providentiales came through largely unscathed. As October 23, 2017, all sources confirm that Provo is by and large open for business (except where noted), and WIMCO will stop publishing weekly updates.
Updates for related pages: St Barthelemy | Anguilla | St. Martin | Virgin Islands |Turks and Caicos |Antigua | Hurricane News
Turks and Caicos
** Latest News: The island of Providentiales and Grace Bay beach were only minimally effected by the storms of last fall and are Open for Business! These restaurants are now open – Coco Bistro, Coco Van, Ricky’s Beach Bar, Big Al’s Burgers, Mango Reef, SharkBites Bar and Grille, Baci Ristorante, Garam Masala, The Pork Shack, Chopsticks, Thai Orchid, Sand Bar, Lemon 2go, Danny Buoys, Seven Cocktail Bar, The Deck, Yoshi Sushi Bar, and Turkberry. Hotel Gansevoort reopened on Thursday, October 5, 2017.
- Villas: Almost all of WIMCO’s villa portfolio is now available to rent. 14 villas are participating in the “free night” promotion. Call 1-888-966-8426 for details, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WIMCO Concierge Services: All local services are available.
- Hotels: Gansevoort Turks and Caicos has reopened. The Seven Stars Resort and Spa is open and fully operational. The Palms Resort and Shore Club has reopened. The Sands at Grace Bay is open for business. Ocean Club West Resorts has reopened. The Coral Gardens resort reopened Monday, Oct 16. Beach Enclave Turks and Caicos re-opened November 18, 2017. COMO Parrot Cay opened December 15th, 2017. Royal West Indies Resort has reopened. The Meridian Club reopened November 1, 2017. Amanyara has reopened. Alexandra Resort has reopened. The Tuscany Resort has reopened. La Vista Azul is open.
- Restaurants: These restaurants are now open – Coco Bistro, Coco Van, Ricky’s Beach Bar, Bella Luna, The Caravel, Fresh Catch, Hemingways, Opus Wine Bar and Grille, Parallel 23, Big Al’s Burgers, Mango Reef, SharkBites Bar and Grille, Baci Ristorante, Garam Masala, The Pork Shack, Chopsticks, Thai Orchid, Sand Bar, Lemon 2go, Danny Buoys, Seven Cocktail Bar, The Deck, Yoshi Sushi Bar, and Turkberry. Shay Café is offering breakfast and brunch, Crust Bakery and Cafe in Providenciales, and Retreat Restaurant. Da Conch Shack will be undergoing repairs and plan to reopen for the winter season. Magnolia Restaurant will have a delayed opening while undergoing roof repairs.
- Airport: Providenciales International Airport (PLS) is open for commercial flights. Jet Blue and other major carriers have resumed international flights into Provo. Southwest has officially launched new daily flights to both Turks and Caicos and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from Fort Lauderdale.
- Roads: All roads on the islands have been cleared.
- Electricity: Power has been restored to Providenciales, North and Middle Caicos and South Caicos. Power has been restored to Long Bay.
- Water: Water has been restored in Providenciales, North and Middle Caicos and South Caicos. The other islands are being worked on now.
- Food: Graceway Gourmet store is open in Providenciales.
- Aid: The Hospitals are both operating
- Services: These services are open and will be available this season – Big Blue Unlimited Water Sports, Panoply Sport Fishing and Luxury Charters, Provo Golf Club and Fairways Bar & Grill, Caribbean Cruisin Boat Tours.
- Port: Commercial ports are fully operational. The Grand Turk Cruise Center will receive ships starting November 1.
Updates for related pages: St Barthelemy | Anguilla | St. Martin | Virgin Islands |Turks and Caicos |Antigua